Did you know that, according to I-CAR, 69% of technicians who weld in body shops today lack formal welding training? When an improper weld is performed, it can compromise the vehicle’s structural integrity, resulting in a vehicle that is unsafe to drive. To help address this critical consumer-safety issue, I-CAR is offering a course on Squeeze-Type Resistance Spot Welding. The course is available to individuals in the collision repair industry and will take place on Wednesday, July 22nd at 6:00 PM.
Students will learn the following techniques and procedures:
- Understand the squeeze-type resistance spot welding process
- Describe STRSW power sources
- Identify the types of arm sets and electrode tips and understand the importance of dressing electrode tips
- Identify the machine settings for resistance spot welding
- Understand flange preparation and fit-up
- Visually inspect and destructively test spot welds
- Describe the weld bonding process
- Understand how to choose the appropriate STRSW machine for your needs
A quality squeeze-type resistance spot welder should be an essential component for any collision repair business – because safety matters!